Are you visiting my fair city of Toronto during the Pan Am Games? If so, here are some things you should most definitely check out. We can informally call this, “KASHKA’s Guide to Toronto for Mostly Free Things To Do”
1. You must go visit Allan Gardens. This beautiful indoor garden is free and open year round. It’s stunning and I’m obsessed with the cactus room.
2. If you have time, rent a bike or walk through the Don Valley River trail. It’s very pretty and an easy ride/walk but very pretty.
3. Get some coffee from my favourite local cafe: The Common. They have two locations (College St and Bloor St) and both have great coffee.
4. Take in some of the parks we have. Toronto has a lot of green spaces, and wandering though High Park is a great way to spend an afternoon. Bring a picnic.
5. Grab a day pass and just explore different neighbourhoods. This city is built around neighbouhoods, especially west of Bathurst and East of Yonge. We have Chinatown, Little Italy and Little Portugual, Little India and more. Toronto is a beautifully multiculti place and walking or cycling around is my favourite thing to do.
6. PLEASE go check out the brand new beautiful Queen’s Quay (pronounced ‘key’ for you newbies) by the waterfront. They just finished construction on pedestrian and bike paths, and it’s just so dreamy.